Thursday, December 27, 2007

Welcome!

No, I'm not a doctor. I'm a professional author who's been Out and Proud for many years, and I've seen -- and experienced -- just about everything. I want to share my knowledge with my gay brothers and sisters and other interested parties. Please send your sincere and respectful questions about gay life, homosexuality, and gay people to me at trock4304@mypacks.net. I will respect your privacy and never give out personal information. I will post questions here with my responses --always from a perspective of Gay Pride -- along with comments from readers. Let's go on an enlightening and informative journey together.

MY BACKGROUND:

Counselor for the Mattachine Society during its final years. Media Chairman of New York's Gay Activist Alliance for several years. Co-host/co-producer on Gay Rap, WBAI radio, New York. Writer/Reporter for such gay publications as The Alternate, Philadelphia Gay News, New York Blade and many others. Out and Proud Gay Man for decades. Counseled and interviewed hundreds of gay men of various identifications for over 35 years.

Bill Samuels

NOTE: The Ask Gay "Dr. Bill" blog is for the purposes of entertainment and information. "Dr. Bill" is a nickname. "Dr. Bill" is not a doctor or therapist. Advice from a columnist should never be used as a substitute for professional counseling or therapy for people with serious problems. "Dr. Bill" is not responsible for any consequences of heeding or not heeding his advice; people are always responsible for their own actions.

4 comments:

badthing1 said...

Hi Bill :)

I think what you've decided to do here is just fabulous and I wanted to wish you the best with your endeavor.

I also wanted to let you know that I have placed a link to your site within my own website's Link Page and you can find it right here:

http://www.non-violent.com/links.htm#friends

Unknown said...

Many thanks, badthing1! I appreciate the kind words and best wishes.

I have provided a link to yor site on my blogroll, as well.

Best regards!

B said...

Hey, this is nice blog. I'll start to read it. And I want to ask you one favor. I made my blog and I'll be blogging about my gay/bi life so can be help me by little promoting, some link at your blog because I need a lot of opinions about this new feeling. Thanks!

Unknown said...

Thanks for our comment. I suggest you do a lot of reading from people who know what they are talking about, and if you have any specific questions for me, let me know.